Wednesday 20 February 2013

Focusing On The Course



Coursework.


This blog is now back to being focused around Uni work, at least for the time being now. With our first year creating a magazine potentially to be put into publication, this space will be used for the coming weeks to detail all my work that I have completed on my articles so far. This first entry is late in its arrival, so I will have to fill in the gaps in a chronological order in what I have done up to this point and what I have written so far (in possibly two posts). To start with though I will give a bit of a background on the section that I am writing for in the magazine, and my initial ideas for articles.

Food. I am writing for the food section, and so have had to formulate a number of ideas as to what to write about. After much deliberation and toing and froing on what to write I have decided on two articles which hopefully will not keep to the ‘boring student diet’ stereotype. The two articles, yet unnamed are based around the idea of feeding a flat of 7 (typical uni) with a roast dinner for £10, whilst the second is a review of most of the takeaways in Carlisle, under the working title ‘the greasiest kebab’, rating the foods on a number of criteria important to students to provide a list of top eateries for all occasions.

The current state of both articles are that they are ongoing. I created an outline of both by the 7th February, with the idea to gain quotes and interview people of importance from the food community in Carlisle to contribute weight to the articles. By today (20th February) I have completed a first draft of the greasiest kebab article and am still to contact Asda, Morrison’s and Sainsbury’s customer service departments for comment.

With a first draft in for tomorrow on all articles I will continue to finish off the pricing research on the £10 meals, and will need to get pictures of the food and comment from students once they have tasted the food. Industry experts are also a possibility, though at this time I am unsure how to go about contacting them.

Work piling up and assignments being set seemingly every lecture now the only way to keep ahead of it is to get my head down and crack on, and that is exactly what I plan to do.


Thanks for reading, and look forward to the next one,

Jon

Follow Me On Twitter @JonCarter1994

No comments:

Post a Comment